As the Nashville weather gets warmer, pests like mosquitos, ticks, and fleas get bolder. They’ll start showing up all over your property, whether buzzing around your bushes or crawling along your patio.
Pests in your yard can put a real damper on your summer plans. Luckily, with a proper pest control protocol, you can manage them and enjoy hanging out outdoors all season long.
This guide outlines everything you need to know about yard treatments for pest control in Nashville, from the most common yard best you might encounter to the most effective solutions to eliminate them.
Common Yard Pests and Their Impact
Several pests can take over your yard and damage your property, including these common ones:
- Mosquitos: Mosquitos spread a variety of diseases, such as the West Nile Virus, and if they’re buzzing around your yard, they can interfere with your fun barbecue or pool party.
- Fleas: Fleas can attach themselves to your pets and get tracked into your home, causing itching and spreading diseases like the plague.
- Ticks: Ticks can also latch onto you or your pets; they can then cause several diseases, including Lyme Disease.
- Chiggers: Chiggers are irritating insects that may cause your lawn to become thin or patchy; their bites are also painful and can cause itchiness.
An experienced pest control team can address all of these insects and eliminate them from your yard before they have a chance to take over.
Preparing Your Yard for Pest Control
Before a pest control professional arrives to address your yard, it helps to do some prep work. Here are some of the most critical steps to take:
- Clear leaves and debris, including tree branches and dead plants
- Put away any toys (human or pet) that you don’t want to be sprayed with pesticides
- Mow your lawn
- Trim bushes and shrubs
- Make sure the technicians have access to your yard (for example, unlock the side gate so they can get in easily)
- Make sure pets and kids stay in the house during the yard treatment (and don’t go back out until the pest control team says it’s okay)
Yard Treatment for Nashville’s Pest Control
Yard treatments for pest control start with careful inspections to identify the types of pests you’re dealing with and the extent of the damage they’ve caused.
Next, the technicians will spray your yard with highly effective products that will stop the pests in their tracks and stop them from damaging your yard and bothering you.
For the best results, consider a monthly lawn protection plan.
This monthly service allows you to stay on top of pest problems and address them before they have a chance to get out of hand. It’s also more cost-effective than waiting until you’re facing a full-blown infestation.
Hire Certified Pest Control for Your Pest Control Service
Certified pest control is familiar with all the pests that may plague your Nashville home, and we know how annoying they can be. Let us treat your yard so you can take it back and enjoy your summer!
Contact us today to learn more about our services or schedule your first yard treatment for pest control in Nashville.